Empires of Old 1872

I felt like mapping so I made this, questions welcome
Empires_of_Old_1872-min-min.png

What is POD of this world? And how are Americas?

But IMO this seems pretty unlikely if not ASB. I can't see any Nilotic kingdom being able to expand that much and holding that large empire.

Assyrian-Ethiopian Kingdom? Seems ratherly Arabic-Ethiopian Kingdom since that even not hold any Assyrian lands. And why Arabian border is exactly same as OTL Saudi Arabia? What is its major religion?

Norwich Khanate seems bit odd name since khan is Mongol or Turkic origin term unless Mongols managed to conquer Scandinavia and even then kingdom seems more likely name. And frankly, trope of united Scandinavia is really old and unoriginal.

In other hand there is some intresting ideas like balkanised Japan, altough not sure how long it could remain that way.

But IMO this seems pretty unlikely if not ASB. I can't see any Nilotic kingdom being able to expand that much and holding that large empire.

Assyrian-Ethiopian Kingdom? Seems ratherly Arabic-Ethiopian Kingdom since that even not hold any Assyrian lands. And why Arabian border is exactly same as OTL Saudi Arabia? What is its major religion?

Norwich Khanate seems bit odd name since khan is Mongol or Turkic origin term unless Mongols managed to conquer Scandinavia and even then kingdom seems more likely name. And frankly, trope of united Scandinavia is really old and unoriginal.

In other hand there is some intresting ideas like balkanised Japan, altough not sure how long it could remain that way.
what's POD, ASB and OTL?

The major religion is Islam, stretching from Norway to Cumania
Japan is basically the most socially advanced nation, and after a civil war they decided to reunite through democracy and mutual respect, thus the Union IN Japan

Oh uh, the Americas were never discovered, 'Columbus' never returned so it was taken as a sign

I am toying with the idea that horses crossed with men during the Ice Age into the Americas, allowing them to develop more advanced civilization

Nothing inherently wrong with this, just saw you posted two threads today. Most people post miscellaneous maps in the map thread, which gets almost as much traffic as the discussion forums.
Yeah, I started making maps as conversation starters, the issue is, I don't have many cartographer/historian friends so this advice is useful
correction: I've been map making for like five years, but just recently started making them as convo starters

I also made this to alleviate some questions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429-020832_Discord.png
    Screenshot_20240429-020832_Discord.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 22
what's POD, ASB and OTL?

POD: Point of diverge. That point in history where alternate TL separates from OTL.
ASB: Alien Space Bat. Event what is so utterly impossible that would require intervention of God or magic.
OTL: Ours timeline.

Oh uh, the Americas were never discovered, 'Columbus' never returned so it was taken as a sign

Even if Columbus wouldn't return from his trip, Americas would are found quickly. It is just impossible to keep them not be found by Europeans that long.

POD: Point of diverge. That point in history where alternate TL separates from OTL.
ASB: Alien Space Bat. Event what is so utterly impossible that would require intervention of God or magic.
OTL: Ours timeline.

Even if Columbus wouldn't return from his trip, Americas would are found quickly. It is just impossible to keep them not be found by Europeans that long.
Yeah this is more ASB than a What If
Thanks for explaining the abbreviations

The biggest religion is Islam and it was basically written into scripture that there's nothing west, so the most likely to discover the Americas would be Joseon or Britons, and they might