Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

Did Italy manage to keep Libya?

I believe we discussed this briefly and we decided that with the Italians already keeping the Julian March (or most of it, the specific are unclear) Italy had to lose basically everything else as they are still on the losing side of the war. I’ve made a case for maybe keeping Kotor as an exclave but I doubt the Yugoslavians go for that even though it was my idea. In a similar vein to that I could maybe see a case being made for an Italian Benghazi exclave or maybe a small piece of Cyrenaica if the Wallies are feeling particularly magnanimous but I doubt it. It doesn’t do them any good but it does probably alienate the new government of Libya from the start.

In this scenario, I think that for Abdullah, Jerusalem would be so or more importantly both symbolically and militarily, than OTL and considering that both would have more and better armed forces better armed and with more war veterans/experienced/competent NCOs and officers than OTL... I'd suppose that the battle/s for Jerusalem, would be likely to be longer and more hard-fought than OTL...

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the Israelis were able to leverage their superior numbers to encircle the city and cut off the legion. Having Lebanon be friendly or neutral is honestly a very big change and helps the Israelis immensely

Both the creation and maintenance of a nuclear weapon stockpile are an immense expense for any country, let alone one as war-torn as Greece. Between decades of on and off war, the integration of new territories, reconstruction of destroyed infrastructure and demobilization of the economy, I don't see where the state would find the money for a nuclear weapons program. It's not even like Greece could fend off the Soviets if the Soviets decided to invade, bomb or no bomb. A far better option is to just remain pro-west and be a founding member of alt-NATO to ensure you remain under the nuclear umbrella of the US-UK-France.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, states make wasteful decisions with their national budgets all of the time. It just seems to me like a colossal waste of money when their are far more pressing matters at hand.

Yet another reason Greece could remain nuke free. Greece may be one of the first countries to share Nukes with the U.S. or others in NATO, but I don’t think they develop them on their own . Particularly if they’re offered a carrot or two.