Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

Ben: one princess pls :)

wonder how that would play out

"This one comes with a compulsory Royal Wedding, which you will both hate sir, however she does come with an extended family that would moves Heaven, Earth and the Underworld to ensure that you are both happy".
"Did you mean Heaven, earth and Hell"?
"No Sir".

Ben: one princess pls :)

wonder how that would play out
I'm pretty sure the only person who has not accepted it is happening is Kiki herself.

Though Louis would dock points if he tried something like that.

Instead, Ben should angle for the appropriate titles to be viewed as an "acceptable" match to Kiki.

But that isn't in Ben's character. What he wants is important, yes, and that is the freedom to keep his education going and hopefully be together with Kiki in whatever fashion keeps her with him.

Anything else is superfluous.

Maria is just now realising exactly what her own mother went through whenever Maria swanned off to a war-zone. Emil's actions in Krakow also revived her fears for him, which would be especially nerve wracking for her after the close call with Zella & Emil supposedly retired from the whole guns & bullets thing. The Verdun reunion could actually be somewhat cathartic for her, as long as some decades old un-exploded ordnance doesn't suddenly decide to wake up & join in the festivities.

As for Kat's nice, relaxing family sightseeing vacation... I am now somewhat eagerly awaiting the ensuing fallout from the scandal that her perfectly innocent, unofficial & extremely touristy visit to northern Italy has accidentally exposed (I think I may have even suggested such a scenario some time back). I mean Kat DID just think that she was thankful that someone else was having an exciting life...

Ben's acceptance into the astronomy doctoral program is a shoe-in, hell, he will soon see things that only his crew mates will have seen. The headlines will continue, so both he & Kiki had better get used to them, especially after the sneakily acquired or faked pics of Princess Christina in her Atome swimsuit are published.

As for the Dark Side of the Moon, will this be the title of an upcoming Moon-Dogs album? Will the conspiracy nuts start demanding to see the evidence of the secret Alien/Soviet moon base? Will they start claiming that the European flights to the moon were faked? Will the ESA actually build a moon base?

I'm pretty sure the only person who has not accepted it is happening is Kiki herself.

Though Louis would dock points if he tried something like that.

Instead, Ben should angle for the appropriate titles to be viewed as an "acceptable" match to Kiki.

But that isn't in Ben's character. What he wants is important, yes, and that is the freedom to keep his education going and hopefully be together with Kiki in whatever fashion keeps her with him.

Anything else is superfluous.
Louis would dock points; Kiki would run away.
Pretty sure Ben won't have to do any angling for titles in order to be an 'acceptable' match. I think Louis is just looking for the merest hint of an excuse to offload some on to him.

Will they start claiming that the European flights to the moon were faked? Will the ESA actually build a moon base?
"They were faked, it was done on the same lot at Pinewood Studios where they filmed scenes from the James Bond movie Moonraker, they even used the same bootprints"

“Hirsh” Ayano said in a somewhat exasperated tone, “You get back home alive after this and you can name your price, not just to your University but the entire German Empire as well.”

That was something that Ben had not thought of.

hmmmmm.....Kiki's hand in marriage soon to be incoming?.

As for the Dark Side of the Moon, will this be the title of an upcoming Moon-Dogs album? Will the conspiracy nuts start demanding to see the evidence of the secret Alien/Soviet moon base? Will they start claiming that the European flights to the moon were faked?

Newspaper Headline, 27/3/02:

"Prince-Consort Hirsch punches out conspiracy theorist: "Why the hell would we fake it?""

Will the ESA actually build a moon base?
Oh boy, that's a pickle and a half. On the one hand, "yay space travel", on the other, well, reality somewhat dictates that it would be a difficult prospect, even with the advanced technology timescale that the people in this story are working with.

If Ben turns out to be one of the first men on the moon, you can guarantee that an American newspaper will take the provided ESA Photo of Ben planting the ESA Flag in the moon, and airbrush it so it looks like the German flag and run the headline "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED"

Newspaper Headline, 27/3/02:

"Prince-Consort Hirsch punches out conspiracy theorist: "Why the hell would we fake it?""

Oh boy, that's a pickle and a half. On the one hand, "yay space travel", on the other, well, reality somewhat dictates that it would be a difficult prospect, even with the advanced technology timescale that the people in this story are working with.
I never said they had to build one before 1970... but I do hope for one by 1980. We keep getting promised moon bases and I would at least like to have one in an ATL.

Edit: at least an ATL that I am currently following.

Last edited:
If Ben turns out to be one of the first men on the moon, you can guarantee that an American newspaper will take the provided ESA Photo of Ben planting the ESA Flag in the moon, and airbrush it so it looks like the German flag and run the headline "THE EAGLE HAS LANDED"

You just know that some nationalistic German newspaper is going to use "Deutschland über Alles!!" and piss off everybody by doing so. The rest of Europe's papers will probably go for something more like "Europa United" & wax lyrical on how Pan European cooperation has enabled man to conquer space.
The Americans are more likely to go for "It's a European Moon" and scream for blood over yet more proof of just how far they are falling behind Europe.

ferdi254

Banned
Salamander if you think overly nationalistic newspaper headlines do only appear in Germany and France and England have none of them...

you may not have been in any of those countries. Right ir wrong my country was not coined by a German.

Ben when/if he gets back is most likely is going to get the Civil version of the PLM-Scientific Class and is named a Ritter, he is also going to get offers from basically every major university in the world for him to get a PhD with a guarantee for tenure thrown in.
There should be a major formal reception at one of the Imperial Palaces and I am going to assume that Suse Rosa is one of the Maids of the Court and is there along with the First Woman in Space Sigi.
Sigi and Kita Ayano will find out about Suse Rosa studying engineering at Berlin Technical University and tell that she is perfect for the space program and that joining the military and becoming a pilot is the best way to make that happen.
At least that is what I think may happen...

Let see...
Kiki is a trained member of the FSR and now a fledging doctor in the JMS.
She is still in the Caroline Islands in vacation and given what happened in the first space mission with Albrecht von Richthofen, Kiki is put on one of the S-Boats "Just in Case".
This is just one of the many possible scenarios running thru my mind.

Salamander if you think overly nationalistic newspaper headlines do only appear in Germany and France and England have none of them...

you may not have been in any of those countries. Right ir wrong my country was not coined by a German.
Given that the Daily Mail is known outside of the UK, I doubt this is the case. Although to be fair, anyone looking in from the outside may think that the Daily Mail is just a joke newspaper*.

*It is a joke really, but they don't realise it yet.

Splash down will be in the Pacific, Louis will be on the recovery craft with Kiki and they will get to congratulate Ben and everyone. Louis can, with the ending of the mission, be able to give Ben a Title or two that will make him acceptable to marry Kiki. They both won't like it but lets face it, Moon base 1 needs a commander and a Doctor.

A Moonbase you say?

1308ac4d50afa7afa90d4e5093804b2c.jpg
C5HFXjoWcAAsRb9.jpg