A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

I concur with @Hall, Yavlinsky should go. He is much too liberal to be a good Russian leader. While a dose of reform in a market direction was necessary to revive the economy post-communism, Russia isn't culturally suitable for liberalism but rather for a Tzar-like ruler. (I don't mean that as a condemnation by any means, frankly very few countries can do liberalism well, but merely a statement of historical fact)

Honestly, I agree with @Hall as well, while having Yavlinsky was good for a few years but he and his party/supporters are way too liberal for a country as it hasn't been long since the collapse of the Soviet Union. I'm not a fan of the return of a monarchy with the oligarchs still powerful in both wealth and influence... also I'm still for keeping some leftist policies.

I wouldn't mind dropping Yavlinsky from government, though I would wait until the next election and just give him the boot there. No need to invite chaos into the government before we even have our first election as an independent Russia.
1. New Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko arrived to Moscow and met with Russian President Fyodorov. During the meeting, Lukashenko requested a reduction of Belarusian debt to Russia and a lower price of gas, citing complicated economic situation of Belarus.
A) Agree for reduction of the debt and lower gas price - it would be in our interest to have new President of Belarus on his good side;
B) Don't agree for reduction of the debt and lower gas price - Belarus must pay back money it owes to Russia without any excuses.
A) Agree for reduction of the debt and lower gas price - it would be in our interest to have new President of Belarus on his good side.
No reason to piss him off, Belarus will return to the fold soon and rejecting this request will cause undue stress to that eventuality.
2. Please write down how the tourist industry should be developed in Russia?
A mix of the @ruffino and @Kriss plans.
3. Please write down what the Russian government can do to turn the Russian Far East and city of Vladivostok into an economic and industrial powerhouse?
Use the plan that @Kriss proposed.

I concur with @Hall, Yavlinsky should go. He is much too liberal to be a good Russian leader. While a dose of reform in a market direction was necessary to revive the economy post-communism, Russia isn't culturally suitable for liberalism but rather for a Tzar-like ruler. (I don't mean that as a condemnation by any means, frankly very few countries can do liberalism well, but merely a statement of historical fact)
Honestly, I agree with @Hall as well, while having Yavlinsky was good for a few years but he and his party/supporters are way too liberal for a country as it hasn't been long since the collapse of the Soviet Union. I'm not a fan of the return of a monarchy with the oligarchs still powerful in both wealth and influence... also I'm still for keeping some leftist policies.
I will make an option to choose new prime minister in 1997, when 2nd legislative election take place

Btw dear readers one question to you - do you want me to pursue the sub-plot of corruption of western politicians made by us, which was started in the last chapter, or should it be dropped?

Btw dear readers one question to you - do you want me to pursue the sub-plot of corruption of western politicians made by us, which was started in the last chapter, or should it be dropped?
I say it is a good subplot.
I say that we can even be allowed to choose them ourselves, though with limits put by you

I say it is a good subplot.
I say that we can even be allowed to choose them ourselves, though with limits put by you
I wanted to start this subplot, as using corruption by Russia in my opinion is a smart choice, taking into account current enormous economic, military and political domination of the collective West over Russia.

Last edited:
Another question is what is your stance on decommunization dear readers? I must say that it would be could in the 2000s depending on who the next president is, but not under President Fyodorov.

Last edited:
1. New Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko arrived to Moscow and met with Russian President Fyodorov. During the meeting, Lukashenko requested a reduction of Belarusian debt to Russia and a lower price of gas, citing complicated economic situation of Belarus.
A) Agree for reduction of the debt and lower gas price - it would be in our interest to have new President of Belarus on his good side;
B) Don't agree for reduction of the debt and lower gas price - Belarus must pay back money it owes to Russia without any excuses.
A.
I'm actually not on board with the idea of annexing Belarus unlike most of people here seem to be (it's kind of an imperialistic move that will not do Russia favors in terms of international image), but giving Lukashenko a break isn't a terrible idea in and of itself.
@ruffino and @Kriss both proposed solid ideas. Russia has more than enough potential tourist spots to attract interest. I'll add some things on top of their ideas:
It's important, in my mind, to encourage interregional cooperation in terms of tourism. The Golden Ring of Russia goes through several oblasts, and thus it's pretty clear that cooperation should exist between them to keep this route in good shape.
On that note, develop more tourist routes in Russia. In OTL, some notable routes other than the Golden Ring are the Silver Ring (or Silver Necklace, which kind of parallels Golden Ring in attempting to represent old Novgorod Land to Golden Ring's Vladimir-Suzdalian Rus'), the Great Ural Ring (in Sverdlovsk Oblast and Perm Krai, notably including one of the many Europe-Asia border point in the region), the Great Volga Route (based on an ancient trade route) and others.
Advertising Russia for potential tourists should also be included in Russia's tourism strategy. This on's self explanatory.
3. Please write down what the Russian government can do to turn the Russian Far East and city of Vladivostok into an economic and industrial powerhouse?
All per plan @Kriss put forward. (For "sub-ministry", I think the term you're looking for is federal agency.)
Another question is what is your stance on decommunization dear readers? I must say that it would be could in the 2000s depending on who the next president is, but not under President Fyodorov.
I talked about decommunization earlier. In short, stuff that's too heavily political needs to go (unless there's a strong historical link). Some of more neutral naming of the Soviet era (Volgograd, Krasnodar to an extent) can remain. Excessive glorification of the White movement is to be avoided. Is Andreev and Schechtel's Gogol monument still on Nikitsky or is it back where it was originally installed?

1. B) Belarus should remain independent and Lukashenko must go.
2, Agree with @ruffino plan except the communist part.
3. Agree with @Kriss plan

I'm pretty much in agreement with @Screwhorn77 on decommunization as there are some of population still feels nostalgia or attached to the Soviet Union.
Yeah. After all, the Soviet regime did feel less oppressive to ethnic Russians compared to others. I do feel like the image of Stalin should be re-evaluated so that we don't end up with too many people viewing the likes of him too positively.

A) In all likelihood we will be forming a union with Belarus so no point in making a fuss, and as well showing other former nations of the USSR a willingness to maintain good relations.
I'll give my support to a mixture of the plans of @ruffino and @Kriss
I'll add my agreement to @Kriss's plan.

On the subject of decommunization I'd also be in agreement with @Screwhorn77

Yeah. After all, the Soviet regime did feel less oppressive to ethnic Russians compared to others. I do feel like the image of Stalin should be re-evaluated so that we don't end up with too many people viewing the likes of him too positively.
Agreed since Stalin was one of the worst leaders in history...

(For "sub-ministry", I think the term you're looking for is federal agency.)
Yea that's the term.

Otherwise when we are speaking about decomunization. Honestly im quite willing to let some elements of communist past linger and even rehabilitate them.

Generally im all about implicating and condeming Communist revolution for pluging Russia in civil war, same with provisional government, they are just as guilty and white movement itself isn't as innocent , but that doesn't mean we should glorify Nicholas who had quite a failure of leadership.

Same with Stalin, he was responsible for some of the greatest tragedies of Soviet Union and one could argue that his leadership weakened USSR at the eve of ww2.

But we should still celebrate great patriotic war and Soviet State itself as that was the appex of Russian influence. Not to mention its scientific achievements etc.

So yea in my opinion deconumization should take a form of deStalinizatiom, denoucment of Soviet leadership and Soviet form of Communism/leadership in general,Iron curtian (it should be viewed as a mistake that vilified Russian/Soviet state), but achievements of Soviet state itself should be endorsed and added into Russian history.

Generally denounce extremes and mistakes, but keep good things. I have nothing against a street calling itself after some Red army soldier, or general Zhukov , some neutral Communist name etc.

Last edited:
I doubt prohibition will achieve anything except black market growth and alcohol being disguised as fizzy fruit drinks (as was the case in PRL)

GDP Ranking (1995)
1. United States - $7,650,000M
2. Japan - $5,550,000M
3. Germany - $2,569,000M
4. France - $1,612,000M
5. United Kingdom - $1,348,000M
6. Italy - $1,182,000M
7. Brazil - $773,000M
8. China - $737,000M
9. Spain - $615,000M
10. Canada - $607,000M
11. Russia - $573,000M