What Mistress Boleyn Wants (Mistress Boleyn Gets)

I'm writing and the gaming dice hate me. I'm don't like August 1555.

As soon as I finish and post it, you'll see why (if you remember my favorite Tudor figure).

Last edited:
1555 - August
This post (1555) has been deleted by moi so as not to confuse anyone reading the thread (it already did me). It's been copied to the file for use later on. And I still don't like it. Brandon is a favorite of mine.

Back to 1549.

Last edited:
RIP Charles Brandon

Wonder how much speculation there will be about what or whom killed him?
Near as I can tell, it was a Cardiac Arrest. He died in his sleep. Sadly, there will probably be all sorts of vague murmuring about poison, which may very well find fertile ground in the King's Court...

Point of Fact: Charles Brandon was 71 years of age. His wife is 34. I don't suppose there will be murmurs, what's more likely are jokes about how Vittoria wore him out.

I kind of lost track of everyone's ages. 71 isn't a bad age even now. In 1555 it would be seen as downright miraculous!
Not really. Childhood illness and battles/childbirths were the major responsible s for the much lower life expectations of that times, but if you survived them dying in your 70s was more or less dying in the 90s today

Not really. Childhood illness and battles/childbirths were the major responsible s for the much lower life expectations of that times, but if you survived them dying in your 70s was more or less dying in the 90s today
Only for nobles :)